Ganduje lays curses on gunmen who killed 16 travellers on Abuja-Kaduna expressway

Ganduje lays curses on gunmen who killed 16 travellers on Abuja-Kaduna expressway

Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano, has laid curses on the gunmen who killed at least 16 travellers along the Abuja-Kaduna expressway on Wednesday.

Identities of Air Force Officers killed in Abuja plane crash (Photos)
Court grants bail to six Abuja #Endsars protesters
‘I was poisoned at an event in Abuja,’ Mr Ibu reveals

Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano, has laid curses on the gunmen who killed at least 16 travellers along the Abuja-Kaduna expressway on Wednesday.

The travellers, said to be from Dambatta local government area of Kano, were returning to the state after a business trip to Abuja when they were killed.

In a statement, Abba Anwar, his spokesman, issued on his behalf, Ganduje expressed shock and commiserated with the families of the deceased.

“We were shocked with the bad news of the death of 16 Dambatta indigenes on Abuja-Kaduna highway, who were travelling from Abuja to Kano, as a result of an attack from unidentified gunmen,” the governor said.

“The news is devastating and frustrating. We commiserate with the families of the deceased, the people of Dambatta local government, and the people of Kano state.

“May Allah accept their martyrdom and may He punish all the perpetrators of this heinous act. There is nothing more shocking than this. We urge people to pray fervently for the reposed souls. And we pray that may Allah give their families the fortitude to bear the great loss.

“On behalf of the government and people of Kano state, I am condoling with the families of the deceased and the people of Dambatta local government, over this tragedy. May Allah forgive all their wrongdoings and reward their good deeds.”

There have been a rise in the killings and kidnappings along the Abuja-Kaduna expressway.

Just last month, five commuters were kidnapped along Abuja-Kaduna highway. In making the disclosure, the Commissioner, Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, two people were killed during the attack and nine people rescued by troops from the kidnappers.

The commissioner had said that in spite of the attack, the state government would continue to support and encourage security operatives on the frontlines as they worked to protect citizens and their right to live and travel in peace.