With so many directives on how to and how not to act to avoid contracting the deadly covid-19, here are few tips from the head of the Infectious Disea
With so many directives on how to and how not to act to avoid contracting the deadly covid-19, here are few tips from the head of the Infectious Disease Clinic, University of Maryland, USA, on how to carry on with life amidst the ravaging pandemic.
- We may have to live with C19 for months or years. Let’s not deny it or panic. Let’s not make our lives useless. Let’s learn to live with this fact.
- You can’t destroy C19 viruses that have penetrated cell walls, drinking gallons of hot water – you’ll just go to the bathroom more often.
- Washing hands and maintaining a two-metre physical distance is the best method for your protection.
- If you don’t have a C19 patient at home, there’s no need to disinfect the surfaces at your house.
- Packaged cargo, gas pumps, shopping carts and ATMs do not cause infection. Wash your hands, live your life as usual.
- C19 is not a food infection. It is associated with drops of infection like the ‘flu. There is no demonstrated risk that C19 is transmitted by ordering food.
- You can lose your sense of smell with a lot of allergies and viral infections. This is only a non-specific symptom of C19.
- Once at home, you don’t need to change your clothes urgently and go shower! Purity is a virtue, paranoia is not!
- The C19 virus doesn’t hang in the air. This is a respiratory droplet infection that requires close contact.
- The air is clean, you can walk through the gardens (just keeping your physical protection distance), through parks.
- It is sufficient to use normal soap against Covid-19, not antibacterial soap. This is a virus, not a bacteria.
- You don’t have to worry about your food orders. But you can heat it all up in the microwave, if you wish.
- The chances of bringing Covid-19 home with your shoes is like being struck by lightning twice in a day. I’ve been working against viruses for 20 years – drop infections don’t spread like that
- You can’t be protected from the virus by taking vinegar, sugarcane juice and ginger! These are for immunity not a cure.
- Wearing a mask for long periods interferes with your breathing and oxygen levels. Wear it only in crowds.
- Wearing gloves is also a bad idea; the virus can accumulate into the glove and be easily transmitted if you touch your face. Better just to wash your hands regularly.
- Immunity is greatly weakened by always staying in a sterile environment. Even if you eat immunity boosting foods, please go out of your house regularly to any park/beach. Immunity is increased by EXPOSURE TO PATHOGENS, not by sitting at home and consuming fried/spicy/sugary food and aerated drinks.