Billionaire mogul behind Geregu Power PLC, Femi Otedola hosted his wife of 28 years, Nana, to a soirée in the leafy neighbourhood of St. John's Wood,
Billionaire mogul behind Geregu Power PLC, Femi Otedola hosted his wife of 28 years, Nana, to a soirée in the leafy neighbourhood of St. John’s Wood, northwest London, the United Kingdom, on Sunday, August 2, 2020 in celebration of her 50th birthday.
Nana Otedola, the shrewd entrepreneur behind Garment Care, was joined by her husband and children to mark the day quietly. According to EncomiumNG, they chose their new home to celebrate their stunning wife and mother as dictated by social distancing and the new rule of restricting numbers indoors due to the pandemic.
Here are five things you should know about Nana Otedola.
- The couple had one of its most memorable dates at the Nigerian Music Awards organized by Performing Musicians Employers Association of Nigeria (PMAN) in early 1992. The event, staged at then Nicon Hilton Hotel, Abuja, attracted the cream of Nigeria’s high society, including the most powerful in the corridors of power.
- The wedding, on September 12, 1992, was staged while Femi Otedola’s father was governor of Lagos. And it was a fabulous event with high-society in attendance. The couple got a gift of five cars, apart from cash.
- The couple’s daughter, Ifeoluwa, more popularly known as DJ Cuppy, was born barely two months after the wedding, on November 11, 1992. Nana Otedola was heavily pregnant at the wedding which paraded no ‘best man’. Both have four children, Tolani, Ifeoluwa, Temi and Fewa.
- Garment Care, the dry cleaning business of Nana Otedola, preceded Femi Otedola’s first big business, Zenon Petroleum and Gas which came on stream in May 1999. Garment Care, however, got a kick-off loan of millions from the husband who was then operating Centre Force.
- Nana Otedola, from Kogi State, who speaks her native language, is quiet and unobtrusive.