Iran places $80m bounty for Trump as World War 3 tensions rise

Iran places $80m bounty for Trump as World War 3 tensions rise

Iran has placed a huge bounty on President Donald Trump's head following the death of General Qassem Soleimani, according to reports. The Iranian Gene

Baby Charlie to be set free by parents to die
Nelson Mandela’s golden hand casts sell for $10m in bitcoin
Barrow to probe Jammeh for crimes against citizens

Iran has placed a huge bounty on President Donald Trump‘s head following the death of General Qassem Soleimani, according to reports. The Iranian General was killed last week after a US drone strike on his convoy at Baghdad airport. A video posted on social media shows huge crowds marching in protest following Soleimani’s death, before a male voice can be heard placing a bounty on the US President’s head. Thought to be a funeral organiser, he says: “On behalf of all of Iran’s people – 80 million Iranians – and each puts aside US$1, it would equal $80million.

“And we would give this $80million, on our own behalf, as a gift to anyone who brings the head of the person who ordered the murder of the grand figure of our revolution. Anyone who brings us the head of this yellow-haired lunatic, we would give him $80million on behalf of the great Iranian nation. Chant if you agree.”

Earlier on Sunday, Iranian Labour News Agency claimed Iranian MP Abolfazl Abutorabi warned the country could respond to the general’s death on US soil. He said: “We can attack the White House itself, we can respond to them on the American soil. We have the power, and God willing we will respond in an appropriate time. This is a declaration of war, which means if you hesitate you lose. When someone declares war do you want to respond to the bullets with flowers? They will shoot you in the head.”

Following the attack, Mr Trump wrote on Twitter: “Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years.

“Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!”

Later on Sunday, he added: “The United States just spent Two Trillion Dollars on Military Equipment. We are the biggest and by far the BEST in the World! If Iran attacks an American Base, or any American, we will be sending some of that brand new beautiful equipment their way…and without hesitation!”

In remarks to Fox News on Sunday, Mike Pompeo, United States Secretary of State, said Trump had not threatened to target Iranian cultural sites.

On Sunday Iraq’s parliament also called for US and other foreign military forces to leave amid a growing backlash against the killing of Soleimani. The Iraqi parliament passed a resolution calling on the government to work to end all foreign troop presence. The UK Government has urged Iraq to allow UK soldiers to continue the fight there against the so-called Islamic State terror group.

On Sunday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Iran’s General Qassem Soleimani of having been “a threat to all our interests” and said “we will not lament his death”, as he called for de-escalation from all sides. He said: “Today I have spoken with President Macron, President Trump and Chancellor Merkel, and will be speaking with other leaders in the coming days.

“General Qassem Soleimani posed a threat to all our interests and was responsible for a pattern of disruptive, destabilising behaviour in the region. Given the leading role he has played in actions that have led to the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians and western personnel, we will not lament his death. It is clear however that all calls for retaliation or reprisals will simply lead to more violence in the region and they are in no-one’s interest. We are in close contact with all sides to encourage de-escalation. I will be speaking to other leaders and our Iraqi friends to support peace and stability.”