The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State, Jimi Agbaje, has picked as his running mate a legal practitioner, Mrs Halee
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State, Jimi Agbaje, has picked as his running mate a legal practitioner, Mrs Haleemat Busari. But if like many, you wonder who she is, where is coming from, what she represents and why Jimi Agbaje chose her, wonder no more as we present her enviable profile.
- She is 54 years old
- She is the wife of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr Olatunde Busari.
- She is a law graduate from the University of Lagos
- She is a director on the board of several blue-chip companies, including Zain Nigeria Ltd (now Airtel Nigeria) and First Bank, Sierra Leone.
- She is passion about youth development and has directly sponsored several projects targeted at assisting young people to build socio-economic capacity at both corporate and social levels.
- Haleemat Busari attended Methodist Girls High School, Lagos, after which she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Ilorin in 1986, followed by a Law degree from the University of Lagos in 1990.
- She was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1991
- She returned to UNILAG for her LL.M. in 1995, before obtaining an MBA from the Lagos Business School in 2005.
- She is the secretary/head of Legal Services at Honeywell Flour Mill Plc
- She is a mother
- She is a devout Muslim.
- Haleemat Busari is a princess of the Kosoko royal family from Isale Eko
The Director of Media and Publicity of the Jimi Agbaje Campaign Organisation, Felix Oboagwina, said in a statement on Thursday that Agbaje settled for Busari after comprehensive consultations within and outside the PDP, adding that the lawyer came highly recommended and widely endorsed as Agbaje’s running mate.